Asexual representation is incredibly lacking, not just in media but also online. I believe that asexuality is one of the most underrepresented minority groups in the world. Which is a real shame because I also think they are some of the most amazing people in the world!
Because of this, I really wanted to give a voice to asexual people and show the true diversity of our community. So I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to give something back to all of you. I have come up with the idea “Face of Ace” (inspired by Reddit) where I will be sharing stories of asexual people from around the world. And that’s where you come in!
If you would like to have the chance to share your story with others, then all you have to do is answer these questions:
- What labels would you use to describe your sexuality, and what do they mean to you?
- How did you find out that you were asexual, and how do you feel about it?
- Have you “come out” to any other people in your life? Why or why not?
- How has that changed the way you view the world and/or interact with others?
- Have you ever tried dating as an asexual? What have your experiences been like?
I’ve set up a very basic contact form, where you can fill out all the answers in your own time. If you get featured then you will also be welcome to promote any social media or websites of your choice.
I will be spotlighting “Face of Ace” every other Sunday at 12:00 UTC. So please check it out!
I don’t know about you, but I kind of miss the “good old days” of the internet. Back when people could actually be authentic and not have to censor themselves constantly. But technology has changed so much in the past few years that it’s become increasingly difficult to share something…Keep reading…